Are wireless smart homes in Lafayette a good idea?
Not so long ago, home security systems were restricted to hard-wired devices linked through a lengthy installation. Those days are gone. Wireless innovation has transformed the industry and opened up a multitude of new possibilities for residents.
Are you wondering if a wireless smart home in Lafayette is right for your family? Explore what you ought to know about wireless installations.
What you should know before deciding to go wireless
The foundation of any wireless system is a secure link to the internet. Dependable, speedy internet and a compatible wireless router are the two main components you’ll need. If you haven’t updated your router in a couple of years, think about making the change now to benefit from the latest performance advancements.
If you live in an area without trustworthy fast internet or cell coverage, you may be well-advised to go with a hard-wired connection. Or, if you move into a residence that is pre-wired for security, it could be sensible financially to stay with that configuration.
Network and electrical outages can happen regardless of where you reside. With this in mind, look for security systems with cellular and battery backups to stay connected.
What are the perks of a wireless smart home in Lafayette?
Defending your home against known risks like theft and fire is the chief purpose of any home security system. You can achieve this with hard-wired and wireless systems, but if you intend to utilize the newest advancements, a wireless smart home is your best option. When you install a wireless system, you can benefit from the following:
● Remote access: Would you like to be able to lock your entryways or watch live video from your mobile device? A wireless smart home provides a level of access you’ve never seen previously. You can check or adjust any incorporated components remotely, such as your smart thermostat or lights.
● Instant alerts: You can not only access your system, but it may also access you. If a device is triggered, a notification will be sent immediately to your cell phone app. You’ll always know when something happens, regardless of where you are.
● Flexible and scalable: Dissimilar to wired components, you can place wireless alternatives just about anywhere. Would you like to have a video camera on your shelf or in your nursery? No sweat! It’s also simple to add or remove devices from your wireless smart home.
Potential disadvantages of wireless systems
Even though wireless smart homes in Lafayette have proven safe and useful, there are a few potential shortcomings. You might give thought to the following:
● You might need to change batteries. If you incorporate battery-powered devices, there’s always the potential for failure when the battery dies. Even so, smart elements will let you know when power is low and tend to last for many years without needing a new battery.
● Device placement. There might be a limit on how far you can install wireless devices away from the central command hub. This isn’t a problem in most homes, but you should ask about the restrictions prior to installing.
● Risk of online hacking. Just like any other computer network, the threat of hacking is present. But you can significantly minimize this risk by using strong passwords, always updating default settings, and choosing routers with integrated security.
Order your Vivint wireless smart home in Lafayette today!
Experience everything a wireless smart home can provide by customizing your own with a Vivint agent today. You’ll enjoy being able to monitor and control your Lafayette security system from any location. Contact (765) 540-9213 to begin.