How does a doorbell camera work in Lafayette?
Daily home deliveries have become routine for numerous homeowners as a result of the emergence of online shopping. You appreciate the convenience of having items left right at your door, but there is a drawback. Those boxes sitting in plain sight are temptations to potential burglars. Porch piracy continues to be a real concern, but you have the chance to take action against it by getting a doorbell camera with your home security system. These surveillance instruments are fantastic tools to deter opportunistic thieves, but they give you a lot more.
Take a second to find out how they work and why they’ll likely be an essential part of your smart home.
Benefits of a Lafayette video doorbell
Manufactured in wireless and wired options, video doorbells provide a range of innovative features, and the technology continues to improve. You now have the ability to customize detection zones, communicate with people on your porch, and get real-time alerts whenever an item is delivered.
The best way to find out how a Lafayette video doorbell camera works is to delve into the many benefits it offers. Take a look at these features:
- Active crime deterrents: You can’t get this on all models, but there are several smart video doorbells that take an active role in dissuading crime with warning lights and sounds. This is an effective way to let thieves know someone is watching.
- Wide angle camera view: You need to see the complete picture, and that consists of the faces of individuals at your entry and boxes on the ground. Cameras with ultra-wide 180-degree field of vision provide a total perspective.
- Crystal-clear images no matter the hour: If you don’t have good picture quality, what’s the use of getting a doorbell camera? The best models will provide exceptional high dynamic range (HDR) resolution and night vision.
- Package alerts: Would you appreciate knowing when a package is dropped off? You can enjoy instant alerts from video doorbells that are able to differentiate between individuals and boxes.
- Talk to the person at your door: Is there somebody lingering at your front door? Two-way audio gives you the chance to find out why they’re there. You could even take advantage of this handy feature to scare off people loitering around your entrance.
- Avoid false alarms: Leading doorbell cameras will even give you the opportunity to customize detection zones. Clearly identifying the area to be viewed will allow you to reduce false alarms triggered by pedestrians or pets.
- Instant access to footage: A video doorbell incorporated into your smart home gives you the opportunity to access real-time and recorded video directly from your smartphone security app.
Video doorbells keep you connected like never before, as you may engage with them right from your phone, regardless of your location. They’ll alert you when someone arrives, give you a sightline into what’s happening, and even permit you to communicate with whoever’s at your door. These devices have turned into must-haves in terms of safety and convenience.
Order a doorbell camera with your Lafayette smart home
Take a stand against porch pirates and get a clear view of what’s transpiring at your entrance 24/7 with a Lafayette doorbell camera. Vivint’s innovative models give you all the latest features, like active theft protection, wide-angle viewing, and package notifications. Contact
(765) 540-9213 today to begin designing your smart home.