Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Lafayette smart home
At the core of your home’s security, the Vivint Smart Hub connects your cameras, locks, thermostats, and security sensors into a united system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel puts you in full charge of your Lafayette home’s automation and security. Learn more about what it can do and explore recommendations to get you started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Lafayette do for you?
Connecting wirelessly to sensors and other implements with radio wave signals and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your home. You may arm or disarm your system, control lights, set the temperature, and more. If incorporating a video doorbell, you can even chat with someone at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub includes cellular capability and a backup battery for added reliability. It also gives you total remote operation through the Vivint cell phone app.
Here’s an idea of the tasks you can perform:
- Review real-time or recorded video streams from all linked surveillance cameras
- Arm or disarm your home’s security
- Switch lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Modify your smart thermostat settings
- Talk directly to monitoring agents
You can enhance convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Lafayette by programming schedules or establishing preferences. For instance, you might have your smart thermostat change automatically every night at a particular time. Or, you can incorporate preferences like having your entrances unlock whenever the fire alarm triggers.
Steps for arming and disarming your system
Before you get into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll need to know how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s simple - just abide by these instructions:
- Press the shield icon on the main screen and slide to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay signifies you will be inside your home and arms all devices excluding interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away means you will be away, and everything in the home will activate.
- To disarm, simply slide the shield icon down and enter your PIN.
The Smart Hub will display a notification if something is preventing the system from arming. To illustrate, an open window will urge you to act. It’s worth noting that you may still arm your home’s security by adhering to the steps above. You will then have to verify that you wish to bypass the sensor that isn’t ready.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Lafayette
Although multiple users can be entered during the initial installation, you may want to add another user in the future. Here’s how you can.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right-hand side of the main screen.
- Touch “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” type in the the name you want to use, and hit the Next button.
- If you want to provide the user remote capability, choose phone or email and submit the information to deliver an invite.
- Touch Next and then create a PIN for the new user.
- To delete a user, navigate to the menu, press users, select the user you want to remove, and then press “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Are you ready to take charge of your home’s security and automation through an easy-to-use touchscreen dashboard? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Lafayette security system. Dial (765) 540-9213 to learn more.