What should I do when my Lafayette home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system shields your residence – and your loved ones – against the various risks you could face, like break-ins, fire, and flooding. Despite the fact that your home may be prepared, that doesn’t necessarily mean you are. Do you understand what to do if your Lafayette home alarm system goes off? The sound of an alarm is likely to be jarring, confusing, and may incite panic. Your best option is to stay level-headed and adhere to these straightforward suggestions.
Steps to Take If Your Home Alarm System In Lafayette Goes Off
Nobody wants to be in this situation, but it’s also why you ordered a home alarm system in the first place. You’re awakened in the wee hours of the morning with the unmistakable blaring of an alarm after a security sensor has been triggered. What should you do?
- Try not to panic. This is easier said than done when your home security alarm is ringing loudly, and your pulse is pounding. But staying calm is the most effective way to evaluate what is happening. Avoid the temptation of trying to deal with the emergency on your own but instead permit your monitoring professionals and first responders to carry out their job.
- Attend to your family members. Your main focus should be your family and moving them out of danger. In the case of a break-in, this might involve going to an appointed safe room as far away from entrances as possible. The invader was in all likelihood already frightened away by the alarm, but it’s always wise to take extra precaution. If there’s smoke or a blaze, you need to vacate your house immediately.
- Don’t forget your phone. Most individuals keep their cell phones with them at all times these days, but you could neglect to take it during a crisis. It’s a good thing to have. You’ll be able to keep in contact with your monitoring experts and obtain updates through your home security app.
Work With Your 24-hour Monitoring Specialists
Any time your home alarm system in Lafayette goes off, your 24-hour monitoring professionals will instantly act. Their first step is to verify your alarm, and that involves reaching out to you. The procedure they follow is dependent on the kind of emergency. For example, when the emergency is of a medical nature, one effort will be made to contact you before first responders are sent out. If you have a burglary alarm - the most frequent kind of event - a monitoring professional will adhere to these guidelines to contact you:
- An attempt will be made to reach you through the command hub. You will typically be required to supply a passcode.
- If that effort doesn’t result in a response, a call is made to your main contact number.
- An alternate number or first emergency contact is attempted next.
- If there is still no answer, local law enforcement officers are sent.
- Your monitoring agents will follow up with you again after emergency personnel are alerted.
If you're not in a situation where you can interact with the monitoring team, that’s OK. Assistance will still be deployed even if you're not available to confirm the emergency.
Get protection for any emergency with a Vivint home alarm system in Lafayette
Stay ready for any emergency with a modern home alarm system in Lafayette from Vivint. Call (765) 540-9213 to start customizing your home’s defense today.